Thursday, May 19, 2011

toddler

I haven't posted in a while. It's mostly because I'm busy and sick. It certainly is NOT because the baby hasn't changed.

Excuse me, toddler.

He's gone with lightning speed from first steps to walking. Sometimes, crawling is faster, but you can see on his face that he loves walking and he knows what he's doing. I think his record now is something like 45 consecutive steps. His confidence is awe-inspiring.


He remains uninterested in sippy cups, but he's willing to drink water and juice now.

He's more vocal. I'm still not 100% convinced that he associates "mama" with me and "dada" with his father, but he says them plenty, as well as baba, nana, and various other growls, whines, and babbles. Blowing raspberries is still a favorite.

Yogurt had been the only item on his will-not-eat list, until the recent mess he made with his toddler dinner of chicken, noodles, and peas. None of it would stay in his mouth. Nor would he pull the food out and put it on the tray. No, he let it all fall out of his mouth into his lap and onto the floor.

He plays differently with toys. All those little buttons and pulls and levers that meant nothing to him before are becoming interesting as he discovers cause and effect.

His laughter cures all.


As with all things related to him, it's bittersweet watching his rapid progress into toddler-hood. You'll have to forgive me for still calling him my baby for the next, oh, fifty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment