Thursday, February 23, 2012

There's nothing else I can do


Red Red Red
Fiona Apple

I don't understand about complementary colors and what they say
Side by side they both get bright, together they both get gray
But he's been pretty much yellow, and I've been kinda blue
But all I can see is red, red, red, red, red now
What am I gonna do

I don't understand about diamonds and why men buy them
What's so impressive about a diamond except the mining
It's dangerous work trying to get to you too
And I think if I didn't have to kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill myself doing it
Maybe I wouldn't think so much of you

I've been watching all the time, and I still can't find the tack
And I wanna know is it okay, is it just fine
Or is it my fault, is it my lack?

I don't understand about the weather outside
Or the harmony in a tune, or why somebody lied
There's solace a bit for submitting to the fitfully cryptically true
What's happened has happened, what's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play

I don't understand, I'll never understand
But I'll try to understand
There's nothing else I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment