Sunday, February 7, 2010

23w 6d sickness

Wow. Sick. Very sick. Forgive my being graphic, but I haven't thrown up uncontrollably and repeatedly like this in years. It doesn't matter what's in me... cereal, popsicle, water. It's not staying down.

Could it have anything to do with the pregnancy? Or is it the flu? Is Baby Schultz in danger? What can I do besides pray for unconsciousness to come quickly tonight?

Update: The ER said virus. I say food poisoning, as Andy lost it too, and he feels better now. It appears I'm just more compromised than he. Shortly, I will gather up my pathetic self and go get my prescription for Zofran. Then it's a clear liquid diet for the rest of the day, and a follow-up visit with the family doctor.

Luckily, the ER took a listen to the heartbeat and felt around the uterus, and all looks fine for Baby Schultz. I had the opportunity last night to learn that the baby moves around and kicks a lot in the wee hours of the morning. While it's reassuring that the baby is active and healthy, I hope it doesn't keep the same hours after birth.

Tip of the Day: If you've been waiting an hour for a prescription at Wal-Mart, start crying at the counter. They change your status to "critical."

New Experience of the Day: Being kicked in the stomach when you have the stomach flu.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Baby Schultz is ok. Hope you and Andy feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete