Wednesday, May 5, 2010

36w 2d favorable

A conversation at the clinic, with me in a "compromised" position...

Doctor: Did I scare you last week?

Me: *confused laughter* No!

Doctor: Okay, yup, you're about 2 centimeters now.

Me: Yea!

Doctor: Yeah, I definitely don't think you're going to make it to your due date. You're going to have a baby in the next two weeks. I'll be really surprised if you reach 39 weeks.

Me: Don't say that -- It's just going to make me depressed when I hit my due date!

Doctor: With your favorable cervix, if you were to make it to your due date, I would induce you then.

Me: *giddy with delight*

It looks like it's going to be a May baby after all...

From "Livin' on the Edge," my favorite Aerosmith song:
We're livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself from falling
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself at all
Livin' on the edge
You can't stop yourself from falling
Livin' on the edge


No comments:

Post a Comment