Thursday, March 28, 2013

13w5d hello to you too

Baby is around three and a half inches long from head to butt -- the size of a lemon. Half of that is his head.

They say that feeling/noticing fetal movement happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies and I'm happy to say they were right, so neener-neener to you naysayers. I know a kick when I feel one. It turns out it's a sensation you don't forget. I can feel the subtle differences already -- the surprising thump of a stretching/turning over baby versus the tickling flutter of a wiggling baby deep inside. I don't feel it often, only a couple times at night, but it's like an unexpected "hello" from the great unknown.

Baby already has fingerprints and could be sucking his thumb. He squints and frowns. And since he's our kid, he is probably starting to grow his full head of hair.

I think I yawned four times while writing this. Holy CRAP growing a person is exhausting and constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment