Thursday, March 14, 2013

11w5d amazed

"Look at you."

"Just look at you."

Maybe the ultrasound tech thought I was crazy, but I talked to the baby all during the ultrasound. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was turning, kicking, bouncing, dancing, twisting, and ricocheting like a pinball. He looked so much like a grown baby as he showed off his moves and various body parts... hands, feet, legs, arms, and perfect baby head. He also showed off a part that, if the "nub theory" is to be believed, indicates he's a boy.

I'm going to be outnumbered.

Amazement. Sure, pictures are nice, but a movie is so much more. And to know that what you're watching is live action? It awed me. He was so... alive.

And for the first time in a long time, despite sleepless nights and stress to the breaking point, I feel alive too.

Upturned face. You can see the round glow of the heart and a faint hand.

I know he can't "see," but it looks like he's studying his perfect little hand.

He measures big--12 weeks 4 days, almost a week ahead. The results of the screening will come in a week. For now, I'm trying to hold onto the glow of this tiny, active miracle as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment