Sunday, March 6, 2011

stitch

Churching with a nine-month-old is vastly different from churching with a four-month-old who dozed placidly in his car seat.

This older baby is a curious, crawling, climbing, determined, unstoppable godzilla. Actually, he reminds me of one of my favorite animated characters of all time, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.



By the end of the church service, all I could say to Andy was, "We survived." Of course, I think the only part of the sermon I really heard was that if Jesus was on Facebook, The Bible would be his profile page. Ah, Mark Zuckerberg, your invention has so many applications.

I have to agree that this stage of babyhood is a riot. When he's awake, he goes NON-STOP, a little machine going up and down, over and under, over and over again. His latest skill is standing without support. He always looks a little surprised when he gets this far, and I'm never quite sure if he's thinking, "How do I walk now?" or "How do I sit without smashing my face?"

But I'm keeping my eyes peeled for those first steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment