Monday, January 30, 2012

trying to challenge a curious mind

I keep thinking about school, and how (in a couple short years) I would put money on the fact that Fletch will love being in an environment of learning and discovering.

I'm not challenging him enough.

There's too much TV, for one thing.

TV isn't the only thing hindering full use of his huge curiosity. There's fear of him making a huge mess or wrecking something. Fear of him getting hurt or frustrated. Mommy's tiredness. Lack of time, which may or may not be true. And of course, his age. Some toddler activities I've researched just wouldn't work for him because he would rather throw things than play with them, rather scream than listen.

I'm working toward it though. With the help of Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/sayschu) I'm planning activities we can try now, and in the near future. Some of the things I've pinned will be really fun if Fletch cooperates.

Let me know if you have any great, cheap, instructive, or creative ideas. Or if you know how to turn off the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment