Wednesday, November 25, 2009

13w 2d plea

I fell down the stairs, hard, landing on my tailbone and sliding half the way down.

The first thing I did was curl up in a ball and start crying. "Please, be okay. Please, be okay. Please, be okay." The terrible pain to my tailbone is secondary.

I called Andy at work. Would it be dumb to go to the emergency room and ask if there's anything I can take for the pain? Chances are the pain will be even worse tomorrow, and I'm having a hard time walking now.

That would serve as the logical reason to go to the emergency room, when the real reason is to check the baby. Please, be okay. Please, be okay. Please.

Andy said I shouldn't worry about it, that I should try to relax, maybe play a video game. He said everything will be fine. Will it? I can't stop crying. I don't know what to do.

So much for my promise to take good care of you, baby. I go and fall down the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I just saw the post now, I hope you're feeling ok. If you're still worried, don't hesitate to call your obgyn. They'd probably be more than happy to get you in the office for a quick check-up, to give you peace of mind. I'll do what I can to send good vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good vibes. They worked. I'm sure *we* will be fine. I'm like the queen of overreaction right now. In any case, we'll find out for sure on Tuesday at our regularly scheduled appointment. And my back is slowly getting better.

    ReplyDelete