Monday, November 30, 2009

14 weeks relief

We've entered the fifteenth week now (despite what the widget on the right says), and it seems there may have been a reason for that fall down the stairs after all... http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/trimesters/week/article/15th-week-pregnancy

Today is the third straight day without nausea! Yea for the second trimester! I can stop dreading mealtimes now. What a relief.

The fatigue, however, is as strong as ever. I wish I could take about five naps throughout the day in addition to a full night's sleep.

Thanksgiving night (early on the day after, actually -- 12:25 a.m.) I was lounging on my back on my in-laws' couch when I got this weird fizzy feeling -- like a "can of soda opening up inside me" (as described previously)! Maybe it was baby, maybe it was gas, I don't know. I haven't felt it since. I'm hopeful that more substantial movement is in the near future.

There has been some cramping and discomfort, especially the kind that makes it difficult to fall asleep. I suppose it's the organs being pushed around to make room for baby, who does appear to be rising up closer to my belly button, which is getting stretched a bit flat. It has become oddly difficult to cross my legs; I guess there's too much in between my hips now.

I'm so eager for tomorrow, and worried that the doctor will be busy delivering someone else (she is on call tomorrow). I would hate to have to reschedule this when it feels like I've been waiting forever! We would end up rescheduling a week or two down the road, because of Andy's odd work schedule. He's been to every doctor visit with me. I need that. I can't imagine how lonely it would be without him there to experience it too.

Something I need to ask the doctor tomorrow -- when will Baby Schultz be able to hear me? I have read differing accounts.

From "Whisper" by A Fine Frenzy:
Eager to please,
Trying to be what they need
But I'm so very tired
I've stopped trying to find
Any peace in my mind
Because it tangles the wires

But if you keep real close
Yeah, you stay real close
I will reach you

I'm down to a whisper
In a daydream on a hill
Shut down to a whisper
Can you hear me?





12:25 p.m.: Hello, nausea, nice of you to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment