Saturday, December 5, 2009

15 weeks holidays

Our Christmas tree sparkles with a billion lights (Literally. Andy didn't think the tree in Rockefeller Center would have more than ours.). Almost all of the ornaments have been hung. There are festive knick knacks and candles and hand towels in every room. I love the holidays!

I put together the official "1st Grandparents Starter Kit" gift boxes that will be given to my parents and Andy's mom and step-dad one week from today. Diapers, bibs, burp cloths, nooks, ultrasound pictures, and more. I went overboard as usual, with the purchases and the craft work, like wedding preparations all over again. It makes me happy just to sit back and look at the gifts, dreaming about all the excitement that's coming.

I spend a lot of time daydreaming these days, trying to imagine what it will be like with a child. First because I'm so eager, and then because thinking about it may help me "prepare." Maybe. Even if it can't, I happily think everything to death in case it will.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

From "Something Beautiful" by Tracy Bonham.
That I fall upon something beautiful
Something meaningful
You still your soul, I'll risk it all
Your fearless beauty breaks your fall
Something in me knows there's something more
And it's so close I want to run, but I wait
And I wait
'Cause I'm looking for something beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment