Monday, December 7, 2009

15w 2d lists

I'm feeling no fetal movement, and I'm getting very impatient for it! (So what else is new, right?)

A list of all the things I'm impatient for:
  • Feeling early fetal movement... and kicking
  • More "belly"
  • Another ultrasound look at the baby
  • Finding out the gender so I can stop thinking "it"
  • An increase in temperature
  • Finishing the baby registries, which I have (embarrassingly) already started online
  • Making the big announcement
  • Finishing the nursery
  • Seeing the baby out here in the real world
  • Seeing Andy become a father
As long as I'm making lists, here are some of my second trimester symptoms:
  • The little belly
  • About four extra pounds
  • The bad aftertaste to everything
  • Constant hunger
  • Some lingering fatigue, feels like *something* is sapping my available energy
  • Frequent potty breaks
  • Bad backaches, may or may not be baby-related
  • A little change in balance
  • A little forgetfulness/random thought pattern changes
  • Lightheadedness/breathlessness/rapid heartbeat like I'm out of shape
I don't think I've had any unusual cravings or aversions, besides the big cliche -- pickles are going down really well, and I've wanted a lot more ice cream than usual, though I'm not eating the two together.

Related to random thought patterns... I've been thinking about Biblical pregnant women. Namely, what must it have been like when Eve became pregnant for the first time? Had she observed enough of animals to instantly know what was happening to her? How did that labor go with literally only one other person on the planet to help?

Then there's Mary, the only pregnant virgin. We have some glimpses into her thoughts, but what must it have been like? Not only finding out you're impossibly pregnant and giving birth in a filthy barn next to smelly animals, but raising a child that's part you and part... God? The "Christ the Lord" series by Anne Rice gives very detailed accounts of what it may have been like for the boy/young man Jesus, but I'd like to have an even closer look at Mary than the Scriptures give. Perhaps Ms. Rice will oblige me with a prequel...

'Tis the season for a Christmas carol, I think. From "I Wonder as I Wander" as sung by Vanessa Williams.
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Savior did come for to die
For poor ordinary people like you and like I
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall
With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all
But high from God's heaven a starlight did fall
And the promise of ages, it then did recall


No comments:

Post a Comment