Thursday, December 17, 2009

16w 5d ornaments

I felt old today. After 15 years without the orthodontist, I was back in his reclined chair listening to him say, "Bite." Amazingly, he looks and sounds just the same as I remember. He vaguely remembered me as well. It made us both feel old that since the last time I saw him, I've gotten married and am having a baby.

I also had a chance to visit my grandmother, who was the only one left to tell the good news. We went down memory lane, and I recalled just how important she's been in my life, growing up with her caregiving and humor and instruction. I want my child to know her. I'm afraid we might not have a lot of time left.

My parents gave me an ornament tonight. I grabbed another off the tree... an illustration of the journey. Thank you, Mom and Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment