Thursday, July 7, 2011

4DPO insensible

July 7, 2011

I know I won't publish this post until my readers have been told in person about a (future) pregnancy. But I wanted to know what it would feel like to write "DPO" (days post ovulation) in a post title again.

Here we are. Trying to conceive. Again.

It's strange the second time around. Like the first time(s), I have anxiety. But it's a sweet anxiety. It isn't peppered with fears of what-if-I-can't. I've been here before, I know the drill. I know that on Thursday, July 14 -- 11 DPO -- I will take a pregnancy test and probably find out if we're going to add a fourth family member sooner rather than later.

Now we wait. I remember ALL about waiting.

The thing is, I would be better off not being pregnant this first time out, because I'm standing up in a wedding next March. So I'm approaching the magic test-taking day on two different feet. One is jumping up and down wondering if this is it. The other is taking a sensible step back.

So why didn't we prevent the possibility of a pregnancy this month? Sensibility isn't my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment