Friday, October 2, 2009

6 weeks alien

According to the widget on the right, this week my baby looks like something out of the Aliens movies. Cool.

I took the time last night to embed videos for all the songs I've been quoting in my posts, so if anyone ever does read this blog, they'll be able to listen if they want.

Some of my daydreams of what life will be like in eight months are a little scary, as they should be. I was getting ready for work this morning in a house that was silent -- just the cats and me wandering around from bathroom to bedroom and back, so quiet. Doing as we please. What will it be like when there is this small, crying person that requires near-constant supervision and assistance with all bodily functions?

What will it be like taking care of a baby as well as two cats? Will I be able to fully train the cats to stay out of the crib? Will the cats be jealous and cause trouble? Will I be so preoccupied with the baby that I neglect the cats entirely?

A song for my little alien -- from "Feeling Good" by Michael Buble.
Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze drifting on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life, for me
And I'm feeling... good


No comments:

Post a Comment