Monday, October 19, 2009

8 weeks creation

I was sick throughout the entire day today. I can't decide if it's worse with or without food in my stomach. Either way, it feels like my body doesn't know what it's doing anymore.

Then there's my belly. I've been thin my whole life. I guess it doesn't look too different yet... but it definitely feels different. When I complained about it, Andy said he liked my "belly dough." Ugh.

I'm using doctor appointments as milestones to try to manage my impatience. Fifteen days until the next doctor appointment. After that, Andy and I will decide for sure how long we're going to wait before announcing the news to family -- Thanksgiving or Christmas.

In my typical fashion, I've been overeager for the Christmas season to start. When my iPod shuffled to "O Holy Night," I even let it play. I do this every year around this time, but I feel even more emotional about it this year.

Periodically, I look up the progress the baby may be making now. So much change, so much growing is happening while I go through the motions of the day, acting as if there's nothing different. But I am home to a miracle, and even with everything science shows, the creation of a brand new life is unfathomable. This tiny person is as amazing to me as the creation of the world.

Rather than song lyrics, today I'm quoting scripture: Ecclesiastes 11:5.
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment