Friday, April 2, 2010

31w 4d sacrifice


It's easy to be happy on a day like today. Above is a shot of my budding lilac bushes. Is there anything better than spring?



The warm breeze is blowing in off the pond, billowing the patio curtains. I sit in the peace and the quiet, save for the sound of the happy ducks and geese splashing in the water. A little voice in my head says, Enjoy it now, for there may not be a lot of peace and quiet and open freedom in the time to come.



I'm okay with that. Sure, a little selfish sadness exists for the solitude that I so love, a little grieving for it. But I think I will find that it's a waste of grief. What are buds compared to blooms? I shouldn't fear change.



Once there was a father who sacrificed his own child to save those who don't deserve saving... It's easy to be happy on a day like today.

From the Lenten hymn Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted:
Tell me, as you hear him groaning,
was there ever grief like his?
Friends through fear his cause disowning,
foes insulting his distress.
Many hands were raised to wound him,
none would intervene to save.
But the deepest stroke that pierced him
was the stroke that justice gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment