Tuesday, April 13, 2010

33w 1d shower

Forty-seven days to go. For serious, people, I'm not joking.

It's been a long time since I've done a list of "symptoms." Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic for those days because of something that happened a week ago... when I was done brushing my teeth for the night, I reached into the vanity looking for a (nonexistent) birth control pill. I think it's been about 17 months since I've taken one.

So here are some third trimester symptoms I've been dealing with:
  • Late morning nausea (and sometimes during car rides)
  • Fatigue
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Hot flashes
  • A baby bump that is slightly off-center -- baby prefers to curl up on the right side.
  • Major kicking -- it seems like the baby has set periods of wakefulness and sleep. The worst kicks are to the ribs, way on the right side.
  • Dark veins (darker than my usual)
  • Tiny bladder, especially when I stand up
  • Difficulty sleeping (it could be all that kicking)
  • General discomfort... all the time... and the unfortunate state of having to heave and roll myself off the couch and bed
  • About 31 pounds that, ahem, weren't there back in September
Some facts about baby this week:
  • Between 16 and 18 inches
  • Between 4 and 5 pounds
  • Baby's arms and legs are filling out with fat -- dimpling at the elbows and knees and forming creases around the wrists and neck (aww)
  • Baby's fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips
  • Baby can see and blink, and acts completely like a newborn, closing its eyes when sleeping

Thank you to everyone who made it to the first baby shower on Saturday, April 10! Especially Agnes, Amy, and Amanda for giving me such a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment