Sunday, April 4, 2010

31w 6d morning

"Do you like being pregnant?" Andy asked last night, after laughing at me. When he had turned to look at me, I don't think he had expected to see me sprawled on the couch with my belly exposed staring with seriousness at the pale, vein-y roundness.

My first reaction was, of course, silly, but maybe I haven't made it so obvious.

"I love it," I said. "It blows my mind." He agreed.

There's nothing quite like watching another person move underneath your own skin, or waking up to someone nudging you from the inside, and you press your fingers there, and this person pushes back. No one has ever said a more amazing "good morning" to me.

It's to the point now where I can't imagine not being pregnant. June will be a strange adjustment period in many ways. For now, though, I am enjoying life, its good and its bad, its routine and its surprises.

The birds are chirping this Easter morning. He is risen!
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. [...] The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay."
Matthew 28:1-2, 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment