Wednesday, April 14, 2010

33w 2d hysterics

Even Walker wants to feel the baby.


Sometime after this photo was taken, I found myself on the living room floor, in hysterics. "Are you crying or laughing?" a bewildered Andy had to ask. It was both.

The culmination of all things pregnancy led to that episode. All the discomfort, the weirdness, the awkwardness of trying to move and function with this misshapen form, the unbelievable tension in my muscles, the fears, the impatience, the worries. I just wanted to hug my husband -- who had been sitting on the floor -- and the task was ridiculous. So I lay in a heap just letting it all out.

I hope I didn't scare the cats or the husband. I'll try not to do that again, but no promises.

From "Orchid" by Alanis Morissette:
I'm a sweet piece of work
Well intentioned yet disturbed
Wrongly labeled and underfed
Treated like a rose as an orchid


No comments:

Post a Comment