Thursday, March 18, 2010

29w 3d rack

I lost a chip crumb down my cleavage at lunch today. Hunting for it was like trying to find a pebble in a narrow canyon between mountains. Soft mountains, mind you. And all this took place at work.

"They're going to get bigger?" Andy asked incredulously upon learning of what happens when the "milk comes in."

"But her belly will be gone then," he said to my dad, as if hoping a third party could somehow reverse this news. "She's going to be, I mean she's going to look..."

Ridiculous. Yeah. Dolly Parton, Pamela Anderson, move over and make room for me and my mama rack. I need to get a T-shirt made that says, "Caution. Suffocation hazard." Or maybe, "Watch for falling boulders."


Kicking and stretching, the baby grows as surely as the green buds that peek up from my garden.


"March is that transitional month," my dad the gardener said. All around me, things are beginning, happening, changing. I love all of it. I love Baby. I'm scared anyway, and that's okay. A brave new world.

From the epic and fantastic "This is War" by 30 Seconds To Mars:
To the right, to the left
We will fight to the death
To the edge of the earth
It's a brave new world


No comments:

Post a Comment