Friday, January 8, 2010

19w 4d dragon

At one point the other night, I spazzed out. All I wanted was to sleep -- I was so ridiculously tired -- and I couldn't because of the pain.

For more than a week, I've had a headache that feels like my forehead is going to split open, part of a terrific head cold. Then there's the back pain. I am no stranger to this, but it has been constant and painful enough that I can't sleep. Finally, there's heartburn so powerful it has turned me into a fire-breathing dragon.

When all of this caught up with me and I lay whimpering and pathetic, Andy repeatedly asked what he could do to help me. We were both helpless.

Then he said, "You knew this wasn't going to be easy."

Sigh.

Pregnancy isn't just a round belly and little nudges. Still, I didn't think I'd be in this much discomfort until the third trimester. Now I sit here grasping my achy head, popping yet another useless Tylenol, and I wonder just how much worse things are going to get.

As a side note, my torso for the last week has been boiling hot to the touch, for even more added discomfort. Is this another step -- is the transformation almost complete -- am I becoming a fire-breathing dragon?

I am tough. I am tough. I can do this. Rawr!

Here are some lyrics from "Fences," a great rockin' song from Paramore.
Yeah, yeah, you're asking for it
With every breath that you breathe in
Just breathe it in
Yeah, yeah, well, you're just a mess
You do all this big talking
So now let's see you walk it
I said, let's see you walk it

No comments:

Post a Comment