Monday, January 25, 2010

22 weeks singing

I'm struggling with more back pain than I've ever had, including some unusual pain in my ribs. When it seems intolerable, though, I will get nudges from the little one, a small "hello" and reminder of what it all means. It's the only time I've had this kind of pain for a meaningful reason.

Baby has all the right proportions of a newborn, only thinner because the body fat hasn't formed yet. The average baby at this point is around a pound in weight and getting closer to a foot long. It can hear male voices through my abdomen better than female voices. So keep up the singing, Andy.

Here's the comparison now that we have 22 weeks behind us.


Andy's been singing the song "It Might Be You" by Stephen Bishop to the baby, a song his mom used to sing to him, at least in part.
I've been saving love songs and lullabies
And there's so much more
No one's ever heard before...
Maybe it's you...
Maybe it's you...
I've been waiting for all of my life


No comments:

Post a Comment