Sunday, January 31, 2010

22w 6d assignment

I have a favor to ask of anyone who reads this and has a few moments open. Can you look at our registries and let me know if there's too much stuff? Not enough? Recommendations, advice, warnings?

I wound up putting two different car seats on there. The Wal-Mart registry has a car seat that fits on a stroller it comes with, plus you can order extra bases for it. The Target registry has a highly-rated car seat (with a built-in base, I believe) that stays with the baby up to 65 pounds. Should I leave them both on there?

[Right click the links and select "Open Link in New Window" if you don't want to navigate away from the blog...]

Wal-Mart Registry


We've heard that a couple baby showers may be in the works, so I'm really excited. I'm all for any excuse I can get to be excessively baby obsessed oriented for a couple hours. And I'm extremely grateful for everyone's generosity. Thanks again for the shopping trip yesterday, Mumma. The new bra and maternity pants are in the wash. ♥

One more thing: Andy thinks perhaps we should give up the gender game and tell everyone whether to go pink or blue, at least before any baby showers. What do you think? Is this a pointless game? Are we being foolish? Or would you actually like to be surprised on the big day? I could go either way at this point. It would be fun to have everyone know, even if it does spoil the surprise.

Here's a song that Andy and I always enjoy singing in the car together. I told him I'd post it on the blog, and he said I should probably skip the lyrics about vodka and whiskey and mistresses. Yeah, it isn't the perfect song for the baby blog, but here goes. From "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi:
With an ironclad fist I wake up and
French kiss the morning
While some marching band keeps
Its own beat in my head
While we're talking
About all of the things that I long to believe
About love and the truth and
What you mean to me
And the truth is, baby, you're all that I need
I want to lay you down in a bed of roses
For tonight I sleep on a bed of nails
I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
And lay you down on a bed of roses


No comments:

Post a Comment